Tuesday, July 19, 2011

And now the mountains show up!

Today was a very difficult day. I would be lying if I said it was lots of fun! It was actually somewhat miserable, not something that I ever want to do again. The feeling of this stage is somewhat similar to the feeling that I had after the Ore2Shore a few years back...

It wasn't all bad though. It was our best daily placing so far with 63rd in the mens category so that was promising. I definitely found my limit mentally. After the "final" climb there was still lots of climbing and that got to me. Especially after many kilometers throughout the day of 20+ percent grades that would go on and on.

Here is a picture of the food that they were serving at the finish. It was a pretty simple seeming pasta salad, but it was delicious!
















Sleeping is easy now, there is no problem with that...the eating is becoming more difficult. It's hard to eat enough, I'm not sure how the riders in 3 week long tours deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment